Home Page   My Sky Valley   Advertising   Contact Us   Privacy Policy   About Us   Terms of Use 
Register Here
Welcome

Log In
https://www.gregorrarebooks.com/cgi-bin/gregor/index.html

Thu, June 21, 2018

"The #1 Read & Rated Sky Valley News Source
& Only Daily Paper in the Sky Valley!"
http://benjarongmonroe.com/menu/

http://murphyauction.com/


RSS Feeds
Everett, WATemp: 57°FSky: overcastForecast...
SECTIONS
BREAKING NEWS
FEATURE NEWS
SNOHOMISH
MONROE
SULTAN
STARTUP
BARING
GOLD BAR
INDEX
SKYKOMISH
STEVENS PASS
GENERAL
VALLEY NEWS
OPINION &
EDITORIAL
VIDEOS
LEGAL NOTICES
CLASSIFIEDS
AUCTIONS
http://benjarongmonroe.com/menu/

--
SKYKOMISH  WEATHER
Temperature: 64.4°F | Humidity: 78% | Pressure: 30.14in (Steady) | Conditions: Mostly Cloudy | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 6mph
SKYKOMISH

RECALL FOR CLOTHING THAT MAY CATCH FIRE
June 12, 2009



(NATIONAL) -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday that six people have died in fires involving a bathrobe that was recalled for fire safety reasons.

The recall was ordered in April after a Seattle TV news report on KIRO-TV reported several cases of the women’s full-length chenille robes made by Blair catching fire.

Since the recall, Blair has received reports of six deaths blamed on the robes. Five of the six victims were female, and all five were cooking at the time of the incidents. Three of the victims were in their 80s.

In the original KIRO-TV investigation, Consumer Investigator Amy Clancy interviewed a Tenino woman, Patti Bingham, whose Blair cotton chenille bathrobe caught fire.

Blair told KIRO 7 Consumer Investigators at the time that the bathrobe passed federal flammability standards with ease, though the company had received reports of the robes catching on fire.

Days after the KIRO-TV story aired, the CPSC interviewed the same woman, and in April, warned consumers to stop wearing the robes immediately and return them to Blair for a full refund.

Following the recall of the 162,000 bathrobes deemed a fire hazard, Blair released the following statement:

"The recall announced today is a direct result of the incident which KIRO TV and Mrs. Bingham brought to our attention. Even though we had passing flammability tests from accredited overseas labs for each lot of the chenille robes which we imported, concern for our customers prompted us to have robes from our current stock tested at domestic laboratories.

When those tests showed that a number of the robes failed to meet federal flammability standards, we immediately contacted the Consumer Product Safety Commission, shared the test results, and entered into a voluntary recall. We owed that to our customers."

For more information on the bathrobes being recalled and how to obtain a refund see the Blair web site HERE





BACK TO

HOME

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/DONATE/DONATE-TO-THE-SKY-VALLEY-CHRONICLE-214446
More Headlines

SKYKOMISH
Sky Art Week Takes Place In Skykomish June 25-29
Skykomish School District Seeks Music Teacher
Skykomish Holiday Market Is This Weekend
Skykomish Open Air Markets Get Underway May 13
Let the light shine
Luminous art exhibit coming to Skykomish

    More->

http://www.kiva.org/




© 2008-2018 Sky Valley Media Group, LLC
www.skyvalleychronicle.com is owned and produced by
Sky Valley Media Group, LLC which is solely responsible for its content