|Temperature: 57.8°F | Humidity: 91% | Pressure: 29.91in (Steady) | Conditions: Rain | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 0mph|
SUSPECTED METH HOUSE BURNS IN SUSPICIOUS FIRE
October 10, 2008
(INDEX, WA) -- A home in Index widely thought by community members to be a place where drugs were sold as well as a suspected methamphetamine lab burned yesterday in what investigators call suspicious circumstances.
The residence was a 25-foot mobile home on Mount Index Road and was fully involved in fire when the Index Fire Department arrived at about 2:25 p.m.
Assistant fire chief Ernie Walters said firefighters could see venting propane tanks and could hear explosions as tanks erupted.
After determining no one was trapped inside fire crews were told to allow the structure to continue to burn due to the possibility of toxic fumes and other hazards presented to firefighters from possible drug making chemicals in the home.