Man dies from accidental electrocution near Gold Bar eatery March 28, 2017
Snohomish County Fire District emergency medical unit. Sky Valley Chronicle photo. CLICK TO ENLARGE
Update: the man who was electrocuted in this incident has since been identified by the medical examiner as Christopher G. Johnson, 57, of Everett, WA. The cause of death was listed as electrocution. The manner of death was ruled an accident.
(GOLD BAR, WA.) -- An unidentified man in Gold Bar was electrocuted and killed by a downed power line early Monday evening.
The incident happened just before 6 pm near the Mountain View Diner, located at 1306 Croft Avenue in Gold Bar.
People inside the restaurant heard a loud noise outside, went to investigate and found a man lying on the ground near a downed power line and near some train tracks behind the restaurant, according to KIRO-TV in Seattle.
Chief Eric Andrews of Fire District 26 told KCPQ-TV the man had been badly burned and died instantly from what appeared to be a freak accident.
It was not known how the high voltage line came down since it was not windy that day or how or why the man came in contact with it.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's office will determine cause of death and the man's identity.