X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Home Page   My Sky Valley   Advertising   Contact Us   Privacy Policy   About Us   Terms of Use 
Register Here
Welcome

Log In
http://benjarongmonroe.com/menu/

Thu, January 18, 2018

"The #1 Read & Rated Sky Valley News Source
& Only Daily Paper in the Sky Valley!"
http://skyvalleychronicle.com/?t=advertising_rates

http://skyvalleychronicle.com/?t=advertising_rates


RSS Feeds
Everett, WATemp: 57°FSky: overcastForecast...
SECTIONS
BREAKING NEWS
FEATURE NEWS
SNOHOMISH
MONROE
SULTAN
STARTUP
BARING
GOLD BAR
INDEX
SKYKOMISH
STEVENS PASS
GENERAL
VALLEY NEWS
OPINION &
EDITORIAL
VIDEOS
LEGAL NOTICES
CLASSIFIEDS
AUCTIONS
http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/?template=advertising_rates

--

FEATURE NEWS

3-Alarm Fire Guts Historic Building
On Main Street In Auburn
Dozens of apartment dwellers left homeless

December 27, 2017




Firefighters battle the blaze on Main Street Tuesday. Photo: Valley Regional Fire Authority. LARGER IMAGES BELOW


LARGER IMAGES of firefighters battling blaze on Main Street Tuesday. Photos: Valley Regional Fire Authority. CLICK TO ENLARGE
Chronicle staff

(AUBURN, WA.) -- Fire crews remained on scene overnight to take care of any hot spots left over from a big 3-alarm fire early Tuesday evening that consumed a historic building on Auburn's Main Street.

The fire was at a mixed used building, the Heritage Building at 134 East Main Street.

The Valley Regional Fire Authority says the first unit was dispatched to the fire at 2:53 pm and that the "fire was initially reported as flames from a dryer."

Firefighters "took offensive strategy due to ceiling starting to collapse, " according to one of the early Tweets from the fire department.

Just before 6 pm it was reported that one person who was "non-ambulatory had to be rescued," but that person was not injured.

One person was treated on scene for smoke inhalation but was not transported to a hospital for further treatment.

By 7:50 pm the building manager had confirmed that all residents from the apartments in the structure had been accounted for and were being assisted by the red cross.

Just after 8:30 pm the fire, of unknown origin, was mostly extinguished, with a few hot spots remaining.

Luckily there were no serious injuries but many if not all of the close to 40 people who lived in the apartments in the building lost everything and were left scrambling to find a place to spend the night.

The Red Cross was busy trying to find housing for those left homeless by the blaze. It also set up an emergency shelter at Cascade Middle School in Auburn where some of the displaced people were expected to stay the night.

The building contained over 30 apartments on the top floor, with the bottom floor being home to businesses including a tavern and a restaurant.






BACK TO

HOME

http://murphyauction.com/
More Headlines

FEATURE NEWS
Surprise Surprise:
In New York City crime drops when cops cut back the controversial "stop and frisk" activity
Trump's Homeland Security Director Goes Hard Of Hearing On The Nasty Word
Sen. Cory Booker goes neutron bomb, lights up the room like a flamethrower
An 'Obstructed View' Costs Mount Vernon Woman Her Life In Skagit County Accident
Move Along Baby Boomers, You've Fouled The Nest Enough Already
Time for a new generation of leaders
Student Debt Slavery 2:
Time To Level The Playing Field

    More->

http://www.wtsc.wa.gov/




© 2008-2018 Sky Valley Media Group, LLC
www.skyvalleychronicle.com is owned and produced by
Sky Valley Media Group, LLC which is solely responsible for its content