Two People Injured In Everett When Boom Lift Comes Into Contact With Power Lines
June 23, 2018
(EVERETT, WA.) – The Everett Fire Dept. says a father and his 5-year old were badly injured by electrocution on Friday afternoon after the “boom lift they were in came in contact with overhead power lines,” said a fire department statement
Just before 1:00 pm Friday Everett Fire personnel responded to an alley west of 2800 Colby Avenue for a report of two people who had been electrocuted.
The two patients, a father and his five-year-old son, were initially transported by ground to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett and later both were transferred to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
“The five-year-old child is in serious condition, the medical status of the father is unknown,” said the fire department statement.
The power supply in the area was disrupted for a short time due to the. Snohomish County PUD quickly responded to restore service to the area. The circumstances leading up to the incident are under investigation.
The fire department statement did not say why the two were in the boom lift in that alley.